How to register an OAuth app for SharePoint
Register your app with Azure
1. Create a new app
Go to the Azure App registration page and click the New registration button
2. Enter app details
On the next page, enter your application's registration information:
- Name - Enter a meaningful application name that will be displayed to your users. Most of the time this should be your company's name.
- Supported account types - Select Accounts in any organizational directory and personal Microsoft accounts
- You can select other options if they are more relevant for you. This option supports the broadest user base.
- Redirect URI -
3. Add permissions
After your app is created, select API permissions in the sidebar.
Select Add a permission > Microsoft Graph > Delegated Permissions and choose:
If your app only needs read access to files, you can select
Sites.ReadWrite.All. In this case you should update your scopes in the Apideck dashboard to match these permissions.
4. Generate credentials
Go to Certificates & secrets > Client secrets and select New client secret.
Enter a description and select an expiry time. After the secret is generated, make note of the Value and Secret ID for later use. You will not be able to retrieve the value after leaving this page.
5. Configure in Apideck
Head over to the Apideck dashboard for SharePoint, select Use your client credentials and enter your credentials.
- Client ID: Secret ID of the client secret in Azure
- Client Secret: Value of the client secret in Azure
6. Complete app metadata (optional)
Go back to your app in Azure and select Branding & properties. Complete the app with your company's icon, description and more.